IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS POLICY, DO NOT USE THE STWS EVENT APP
1. Information Available in Vumero Services
Vumero aggregates publicly available information from company web pages, university web pages, news pages, public social network profiles, publication databases, patent databases, and other public sources (“Public Information”). This Public Information is available to public directly from those sources (even without Vumero). Vumero does not verify and cannot guarantee the accuracy of this Public Information. For certain social network websites, Vumero will only get and show information if users provided corresponding login credentials. It is a user’s responsibility to validate and revise his own profile information in STWS Event Apps (including STWS Event Android App, STWS Event IOS App and STWS Event Web App).
2. Attendee List on the Vumero Apps
Once an attendee signs up to a Vumero event on the STWS Event App they automatically consent to being listed on the ‘attendee list’ for that event. Please note that attendees contact information (e.g. emails, phone numbers) are not disclosed to other attendees unless users explicitly exchange their contact information via the STWS Event App.
3. Remove Your Information from Vumero Services
You have a choice to remove your information from Vumero Services by contacting us at email@example.com. After verification (we will need you to verify that you are removing your own information instead of others), we remove your information from Vumero Services. Note that since Vumero collects information from Internet, having information removed from Vumero Services does not mean that it is removed from its original data sources. In the STWS Event App, user can also validate and revise his/her own profile.
4. Personal Data Vumero Collects
- Vumero Services collects information about your usages. This may include information about any IP address used to access Vumero Services and your activities on Vumero Services. This is intended to help us improving Vumero Services to give users better experience.
- Vumero collects information that you provide in creating an account at Vumero Services. This may include information such as your name, email address, social network sign- in. We do not provide your information to any third party (subject to Section 5 below).
- Vumero allows you to retain and access your search history and bookmark profiles on selected Vumero Services. You may delete one or all at any time when Vumero Services are available. Vumero does not share your history and bookmarks with any third party (subject to Section 5 below).
5. Use and Sharing of Personal Data
- Vumero may use Personal Data you provide to Vumero Services to create and maintain your account, to personalize your experience, and to send email communications relating to Vumero Services. Vumero does not sell, exchange, transfer, or give this type of Personal Data to any other company without your consent.
- Vumero may use Personal Data about your use of Vumero Services to improve our services. Vumero may also use services and technologies provided by other companies such as Google Analytics to assist Vumero in understanding how you use Vumero Services. As a result, information about how you use Vumero Services may be available to these other companies such as Google to the extent that their technology collects such information for Vumero’s use. Vumero actively protects your usage anonymity and does not distribute personally identifiable information about your use of Vumero Services to any third parties other than as described above.
- Vumero reserves the right to disclose Personal Data to third parties if required to do so by law, or if Vumero has a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend our rights or property; (3) act in an emergency to protect someone’s safety.
- Vumero reserves the right to transfer Personal Data to any successor in interest to the Vumero’s business.
6. Children’s Privacy
- Vumero Services is directed to people who are at least 18 years old, and Vumero does not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18. If You are aware that Vumero has collected Personal Data from someone under the age of 18, please alert Vumero at firstname.lastname@example.org and the information will be removed from our system as soon as is reasonably possible. This policy regarding collection of data from children exceeds the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Vumero does not knowingly aggregate or provide Public Information about people under the age of 18. Vumero’s email search may return Public Information about children between the ages of 13 and 18 because this Public Information originates from third-party social networking sites and websites that permit children who are 13 years and older to create public profiles.
We have tried our best in removing any possible security holes in our released browser extensions and apps, but since it is hard to 100% verify software, we cannot provide 100% guarantee that Vumero Services has zero security vulnerability. Vumero is not responsible for any security issues caused by Vumero Services.
8. EEA, SWITZERLAND AND UK ONLY
8.1. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In May 2018, a new data privacy law known as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (or the “GDPR”) becomes effective. The GDPR requires Vumero and event organizers to provide the Vumero users with more information about the processing of their Personal Data.
8.2. Legal grounds for processing your Personal Data
The GDPR requires us to tell you about the legal ground we’re relying on to process any Personal Data about you. The legal grounds for us processing your Personal Data include:
- You provided your consent;
- It is necessary for our contractual relationship;
- The processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations; and/or
- The processing is in our legitimate interest to fulfil our service as an event organizing, content providing, and social platform (for example, to provide you with customer service, and to protect the security and integrity of our systems, etc.).
8.3. Vumero as a data controller
EU data protection law makes a distinction between organisations that process Personal Data for their own purposes (known as “data controllers”) and organisations that process Personal Data on behalf of other organisations (known as “data processors”). In respect to the STWS Event App, Vumero acts as a Data Controller, and we may use your information to provide you with the STWS Event App services and information, or for any of the following purposes:
- To verify your identity.
- To provide you with Vumero Services (as noted above) that you request.
- To respond to your enquiries.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To facilitate our internal business operations, including to fulfil our legal or regulatory requirements.
- To maintain and develop our relationship with you.
- For our business purposes, including data analysis, submitting invoices, detecting, preventing, and responding to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement.
- To maintain and update our records including our database of contacts.
- To provide you information about upcoming events, either the same or similar events which you have previously attended.
- To provide you on an ongoing basis with information and services, including relevant marketing communications related to Vumero, and other information or materials, that you request from us or which we feel may interest you where you have indicated that you would like to receive these from us.
- To help us to improve our services, products or online services
- To promote Vumero events, publications and other business services;
- To ensure that content from our online services is presented in the most effective and secure manner for you and the device on which you are accessing our services, and to troubleshoot, and improve such online services.
- To allow you to use or access interactive features or secure areas of our online services, when you choose to do so.
- For research, planning, service development, security or risk management.
- As we believe reasonably necessary or appropriate to: comply with our legal obligations; respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties; or protector your, our, or others’ rights.
We may not be able to do some or all of these things without your personal data.
If at any time we intend to change the purpose for which we hold your personal data, for example to offer you with a complimentary service that we may provide in the future, we will give you prior information of that new purpose so you are aware of this.
8.4. Data Deletion
Data protection law provides you with rights in respect of Personal Data that we hold about you, including the right to request a copy of the Personal Data, request that we rectify, restrict or delete your Personal Data, and unsubscribe from marketing communications.
STWS Event App users can exercise these rights by editing their profiles on the STWS Event app, as well as deleting messages or photos posted by them. If you cannot find what you’re looking for, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that requests to exercise data protection rights will be handled by us on a case-by-case basis. There may be circumstances where we are not legally required to comply with your request because of the laws in your jurisdiction or because of exemptions provided for in data protection legislation.
8.5. Transfers of Personal Data
We may need to transfer your Personal Data outside of the country from which it was originally provided. This may be Vumero or third parties (e.g. Amazon Cloud) that we work with who may be located in jurisdictions outside the EEA, Switzerland and the UK which have no data protection laws or laws that are less strict compared with those in Europe.
Whenever we transfer Personal Data outside of the EEA, Switzerland or the UK, we take legally required steps to make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data. Such transfers will be made pursuant to the standard data protection clauses adopted by the Commission (EU Standard Contractual Clauses (Processors)).
In the event that EU authorities or courts determine that the transfer mechanism above is no longer an appropriate basis for transfers, Vumero and customer shall promptly take all steps reasonably necessary to demonstrate adequate protection for the Personal Data, using another approved mechanism.
8.6. Data Incident Notifications
In cases where data is accessed in an unauthorized manner, we will notify the affected users directly.